Those 4-6 days of the month are the most painful for women. They are also very depressing. There are many things that can help the pain go away, however.
It is very important for women to take proper care of their health during this time of the month. In addition to maintaining personal hygiene, these are the habits you have to stop doing:
- If you are using the same pad for the whole day, it can cause vaginal infections and produce a foul odor. Change your pad every 3-5 hours, no matter if the bleeding is profusely or low.
- You are feeling pain already, so do not push yourself to even more pain. Do not do things like waxing or planning a root canal.
- If you have unprotected sex during periods, there are high chances of infection. Therefore, avoid sex during periods.
- It can damage your body and give tension to it if you do rigorous exercises during the period.
- You are already losing a lot of energy and blood from your body. Therefore, it is not advisable to skip meals during periods. You should take three proper meals, along with some snacks in between.
- Avoid food cravings in the middle of the night, as it will hurt your body. The body is not able to digest all that greasy food you put in.
- Although menstrual cramps make it difficult for girls to sleep at night, it is recommended to have a good night sleep and relax your body because of the tension that has experienced all day.
- Dairy products may worsen cramping during your period because they contain arachidonic acid, therefore, avoid eating them.
- Avoid engaging in activities like watching movies and listening distressing depressing sad songs, because it can affect the psychological health of women.